Friday, October 4, 2013

Update On The Sick Kitten

Well we are back from them vet ... I had my first car ride, spa visit and I didn't freak out to much.  The bean said something about not really having the money to take me to the vet, but felt I needed to go ASAP!!!


What we know .... I'm a girl, I weigh 1.8 lbs, my fecal test came back good ...... but I tested positive for Feline Lukemia.  The vet gave me some deworming medicine and an antibiotic.  I need to go back in 6 weeks and get tested again!  The vet said as long as I can fight off the virus I will be ok.   So the beans are giving me a home and are hoping that a "cleaner environment" will help me to get better.

For right now, I have to stay separated from the indoor cats ... well really only Polli because she hasn't been tested and immunized yet.  So, for now TraciBean is shutting all the other cats out of her room and I get to stay with her, she didn't want me to be all alone in a bathroom since they are keeping me.

TraciBean wants to get Polli to the vet and have her tested and immunized .... once that is done we don't have to worry about Polli getting sick!  

Anyway, I want to say thanks for all the help and well wishes ... we will give you all an update as soon as we can.  TraciBean is working OT on Saturday, so the update will probably be later in the evening. 

XOXOXO, 
Shelly, Sierra, Polli & New/Un-anmed Kitten 

8 comments:

Sparkle said...

I'm so glad the humans took you to the vet and had you checked out - now they know what to do to take care of you and keep the other kitties safe too. You are a very cute little girl, but so tiny! I'm sending lots of purrs for you to get better.

Unknown said...

We hope you fight off the virus and get better. Take it easy and get well soon. Have a super Saturday.
Best wishes Molly

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Hoping your 2nd test comes back negative. Mom use to take care of the kittys with Lukemia at the shelter - they were there 2 years before they found a loving home. We are very happy you have such a good home now! By the way, we think you look like a Patches for a name. :) Feel better!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Fight sweetie. We have our paws crossed for you
Benny & Lily

The Florida Furkids said...

We hope you feel better soon!

The Florida Furkids

Marg said...

So glad you were taken to the vet. And we sure send lots of purrs that you can feel better soon. And maybe the next test will be negative. You sure are cute. Take care.

Oui Oui said...

While we purr your second text comes back negative, if it doesn't, its still alright. The mom had a kitty who had feline leukemia and he lived many years (he did eventually develop the disease). Her other kitties never got the disease. If the test is positive, does it just mean the kitty has been exposed, or does it mean the kitty has the infection? Because if it is just exposed, like my other cats, it may not ever get the disease. We are putrring for you!

Oui Oui said...

That should have been purring, not putrring. That mom of ours is bad at typing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails